Stand are a branding agency based in Glasgow and Amsterdam. We are going through an exciting period of growth and need to recruit a talented and ambitious creative designer (middle-weight) to work as part of the creative team in Glasgow.
We need an experienced designer with three to four years’ studio experience working with brand development and marketing comms in a busy and vibrant creative studio environment.
You need to be adept working with typography, illustration, photography and layout, for both print and digital. You need high visual and cultural awareness and a clear understanding of relevant creative trends. Strong communication abilities is a key part of the role, and the ability to work with both management, creative teams and clients to develop distinctive brand and creative marketing campaigns is essential.
Your responsibilities are:
- producing consistently excellent visual work
- producing a host of ideas, selecting the best ones and selling them to the other members of the team and to clients
- encouraging others to share their ideas and nurturing creativity in the wider team
- communicating productively with management and clients to keep them up-to-date with project milestones
- meeting clients (with account management team) to discuss the objectives and response to their brief
- estimating the time required to complete a project and agreeing this with the account manager
- presenting ideas and concepts to clients or account managers
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to keep ahead of competitors
- inspiring and motivating the agency’s clients to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive concepts
- the ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts
- a full and fluent knowledge of current design tools and software
- the ability to work well as part of a team
- the confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- strong written and verbal communication skills – as well as presentation skills in order to deliver outstanding pitches
- a flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of clients
- an awareness of current trends in design, branding and advertising
- a keen interest in film, typography, photography, illustration and animation design
- an aptitude for visual detail and accuracy
- a good awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- a proactive, self-motivated attitude and an open, positive outlook
- resilience under pressure and the ability to meet deadlines
- commercial astuteness
Salary level to be negotiated.
To apply contact Melissa Macdonald on email@example.com