Stand are a branding agency based in Glasgow and Amsterdam. We are going through an exciting period of growth and need to recruit a talented and experienced Creative Director to help us to drive the business on to the next level.
We need an experienced person (ten years studio experience) to lead the creative team in the Glasgow studio.
We are looking for somebody that is currently working at design director level, looking to progress up the ladder to creative director status. Or somebody working as a Creative Director who fancies a new challenge at a very busy and ambitious agency. We want somebody that is able to see the big-picture from a brand perspective, a ‘people-person’ who can manage teams across multiple accounts and projects.
As our creative director, you would be leading the creative team to create, plan and deliver a strategic vision for clients; supervising the entire creative process and guiding the team that works under you.
Your responsibilities are:
- building a creative culture that enhances the wellbeing and performance of the creative team; overseeing and building on their ideas and projects
- taking responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the agency or department
- developing creative strategy and concepts
- pitching concepts to clients
- overseeing (juggling) multiple projects throughout the creative process, meeting deadlines, and signing off on all creative work before it leaves the studio
- working with the account management team to ensure our clients are well informed on the process of their projects whether on creative strategy/rationale, highlight any issues timely, or advising alternative, more effective implementation
- understanding the commercial aspects of the agency specifically in the performance of the creative department
- hiring, managing and reviewing the creative team
- networking and attending a range of industry events and conferences
- identifying and harnessing technical innovation across multiple platforms.
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire the creative team to give their best
- strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches
- developing creative strategies and concepts and an understanding of the clients’ vision
- an awareness of current trends in advertising and design
- a self-motivated, can-do attitude and an open outlook
- resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- an understanding of how creative roles complement other departments within the agency
- commercial astuteness
- skills in managing people, projects and resources.
Salary level to be negotiated.
To apply contact Stuart Gilmour on [email protected]